The unfortunate thing is that you can’t really force people to like you. You can encourage them, but how much they care about liking you is up to them.
I’m not talking about romantic relationships here, because everyone knows if your significant other loves you it’s because they want to love you. I’m talking about friendship.
In any case, if you want to be more social I have a few basic steps to follow:
- Debate clubs Sign up for debate club at school or just find one. Debates are friendly and people will generally accept you into their group of friends. In addition, it is very beneficial if you want to go into law or something like that. I know a lot of people who have done this and had really good results with making friends/a girlfriend
- Quidditch Try out for the school quidditch team. I know it’s nerdy, but you will 100% make friends because everyone else on the team wants to be social. You’ll probably get kicked off though due to a lack of skill, but it’s worth a shot.
- Social clubs Go out and sign up for some clubs at school. Start going to meetings regularly and make friends by virtue of being in the same meeting place every week.
- Volunteer I don’t know how this works with you guys, but here volunteering has been a great way to meet people and feel like you’re actually doing something with your life. You can’t just sign up for the big volunteering events and think that’s going to help though. If you want to join a group of friends, you have to be there every week and do something together.
- Be nice I don’t know what else to tell you, but in my experience if you are nice to people they will like you. People like people who are kind and helpful. If someone makes fun of your for not knowing anything about Harry Potter, don’t get mad at them; smile and laugh along even though that joke has been made millions of times before.
- Don’t mistake this for some guide on how to become a popular kid. I don’t think those kinds of people actually exist, but if you follow these steps you’ll be happier and more social.