All information about paytm is collected by the company’s server (paytm.com). The data retention policy of paytm is 2 years after which the data is automatically deleted from their servers. However, it can be manually deleted as well to make sure that no personal information or history is left behind for anybody who might use it.
1) A new window will pop up that will ask the user to sign in or create an account for paytm.
2) There is a link at the end of this page that says ‘Forgot Password?’ Click on it and enter your mobile number, email ID or name on ID proof.
3) A One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number on paytm.
4) Enter the OTP and click on ‘Resend OTP’. A new window will pop up with a form that has 3 options: name, mobile number and email ID. Fill all three fields and press submit at the end of this new page.
5) Another One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number on paytm. Enter this new OTP and click the button that says ‘Submit’.
6) There are three options now: delete payment history, delete pin or submit request. Choose option 2 ‘Delete Pin’ and press submit at the end of these 3 steps.
7) A password will be sent to your registered e-mail ID.
8) Enter that password in the box given on paytm and press submit.
9) The user can now delete purchases from his/her pin history by pressing ‘My Pin’ under the option ‘Payment History’.
10) All details of all previous paytm payments will be listed here.
11) A user can choose the pin of the transaction that he/she wants to delete and press ‘delete’ on top of any one of those transactions.
12) The user is now redirected back to the main paytm page with a message saying, “pin has been deleted”. All details under the deleted pin drop down are also removed.
13) To confirm that the paytm history is deleted, try making a payment on paytm without entering any pin or password to make sure the details aren’t saved anywhere.
14) If this does not work, press submit again at step 2 and follow steps 5-12 for deleting your purchase history.
15) The manager can now delete the paytm account by pressing ‘My Account’ under option ‘Account’.
16) There is a drop down with two options: deactivate and delete. Press on the one that says ‘Delete’ and follow steps 2-9 to delete your paytm account.
17) Don’t forget to change all passwords on any other online accounts that are linked to your paytm account.
18) After the user is redirected back to the main page, he/she can now delete his/her email ID from paytm by pushing ‘my account’ again under option ‘Account’ and then filling in their registered email ID into the box given under ‘Email’ and pressing submit.
19) A new window pops up with three options: change email, edit details or cancel. Choose the option that says ‘Delete Account’.
20) Finally, the paytm account is deleted. Now, there are no links to or information about this user on paytm anymore.
Paytm is an electronic wallet and a shopping website where users can pay bills, recharge DTH (digital television), make online transactions, and many more using their e-wallets. It was founded in 2010 by Vijay Shekhar Sharma and is headquartered in Noida, India. The company has raised funding from several prominent Indian companies such as Ant Financial, American Express etc. They have over 150 million users now with an annual revenue of more than 10 billion dollars. A user can use paytm to make e-transfers, utility bill payments, recharge their DTH services , buy mobile recharges using the app or website. It is a very popular mode of payment among Indians now with total number of transactions per month exceeding several million.
It is important to note that data security is one of the top priorities for paytm so all information under any account remains completely secure and private till it isn’t deleted. The user can delete his/her purchase history or pin either by following some easy steps listed above or by calling customer service on 1860 500 1690.
The user can choose to deactivate his/her paytm account by following steps 2-9 or by calling customer service at 1860 500 1690 for this purpose. Please note that all the money in the e-wallet will be lost forever if their account is deactivated. However, it takes only 15 days to reactivate the account.