1. The Indian Premier League, popularly known as IPL is a professional cricket league in India. It is one of the most popular cricket leagues in the world and is also the most watched league in the world.
2. The IPL was founded in 2007 and the first season was played in 2008. The league is owned by BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) and is managed by IPL Governing Council.
3. The IPL is based on a franchise model where the players are signed by the teams. Each team has its own team management and owns the stadium.
4. The IPL has franchises in different cities of India. There are 32 franchise holders for the Indian Premier League. There are also 8 international players who are allowed to play as well.
5. The current IPL trophy was made of silver and is 21 inches in height. It weighs about 2 pounds. The trophy was designed by Pratyush Sinha, an Indian designer who has been associated with the IPL since its inception.
6. The IPL has its own logo, the Las Vegas Strip. It is the first time in history that an Indian sports league got the approval of a foreign city.
7. The IPL has its own team management system where it employs professional managers for each team.
8. The current format of the IPL is from the first week of April, and ends in the middle of May.
9. The IPL was named as one of the best league in the world by a magazine called ‘The World Soccer’.
10. The IPL is the first league in the world to have a TV channel dedicated exclusively for live matches. The channel is called Sahara One and broadcasts across 14 different countries.
11. IPL has one of the most exciting games in the world.
12. In the first season, Chennai Super Kings became the winners of it.
13. The IPL has been telecast in more than 100 countries and has a total viewership of about 150 million people per game.
14. IPL is the most popular T20 league in the world, as per a survey conducted by ‘The Times of India’.
15. In 2006, the IPL expanded to South Africa, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
16. The 2008 season saw the addition of a new franchise for the first time in the form of Kochi Tuskers Kerala.
17. The IPL held its first ever auction for players, where all teams had to bid for the players they wanted.
18. The auction for the 2010 season was held in Bangalore on 13 December 2009 and saw a total of 584 players being bought by various franchises.
19. Each franchise has a purse of USD 2.
20. The IPL named its first ever team, the Chennai Super Kings.
21. The oldest IPL franchise is the Rajasthan Royals, formed in 2008.
22. The first ever IPL game was played between the Rajasthan Royals and the Deccan Chargers on April 3, 2008 at the Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium in Delhi.
23. The Delhi Daredevils were the first team to win the IPL in 2009, with their victory against the Chennai Super Kings.
24. The Mumbai Indians are the most successful team in IPL history winning 3 titles.
25. The Mumbai Indians are the most successful franchise in IPL history winning 2 titles and finishing runners up twice.
Table of Contents
Cricket is a bat-and-ball game played between two teams of eleven players on a cricket field, at the centre of which is a rectangular 22-yard-long pitch with a wicket, a set of three wooden stumps sited at each end. Each team takes turns to bat, attempting to score runs, whilst the other team fields. When ten players have been dismissed, the innings ends and the team that has scored the most runs wins.
live cricket score
One of the most popular sports in the world is cricket. Cricket is a sport that is typically played outdoors, and the objective is to score more runs than the opposing team. Cricket is popular in countries such as India, England, and Australia, and there are many fans of the sport all over the world.